When you think of hydration you might think of the hotter months when your body craves it and believe this is when you need water the most. However, this is not necessarily true. Dry heat from the indoor vents, cold wind, and lack of moisture in the air can cause just as much (if not more) dehydration in the winter months. After all, having absolutely no visual clue like sweating can get the better of you, making you ignore your daily water requirements.
No need to worry because we have gathered seven easy hacks to make sure you meet your water goals!
- Drink warm water or herbal teas
- Count on soups
- Snack on water dense vegetables (i.e. cucumber, tomatoes, etc.)
- Set timers/alarms
- Spice up your water with cucumber and mint, lemon juice, lime juice, etc.
- Order a special water bottle that’s easy to carry around with you
- Cut back on the caffeine, as it can dehydrate you
Ready to work with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist? Contact us here.