Fitness Apps & Home Fitness
How do you get the results you want with your stay at home fitness routine?
It can be difficult to keep up your routine when it starts to feel boring or mundane. With a few easy tips, tricks and our genetic testing for activity you can keep your fitness routine feeling fun while getting the results you deserve!
Start small and work towards larger goals. Starting with a 15 minute exercise is a great way to get going, and can help get you motivated to progress to more time. Exercise is an essential part of your overall wellbeing and is important for stress reduction, improving muscle mass, and a healthy metabolism, so find what gets you excited about your fitness and use it as motivation! With a variety of ways to engage in activity, you can set yourself up for success by choosing activities that suit your lifestyle. Heading outside, hiking, or playing your favorite sport can all be great ways to change up your home exercise routine.
Do you feel like your home routine has started to plateau? Diversify your FITT routine to change it up when you start to feel bored or are discouraged with your progress.
- Frequency: number of days committed to same exercise routine
- Intensity: incline, reps, etc.
- Time: amount of time spent on movement or routine
- Type: try varying modifications of exercise
Investing in the diversity of your home equipment can also make your home workout routine more exciting while expanding the types of exercises you can do. Resistance bands, dumbbells, stability balls, etc. can add more flavor to your workout routine while catering to a variety of fitness levels and goals.
Expanding the mobile apps you use is an easy way to find new movements and exercises to incorporate into your home routine. Below are a few of our favorites!
- Peloton: 30 day trial free including run coaching, bootcamp, barre, yoga, strength, cycling and more.
- Aaptive: 7 day free trial including outdoor running, treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, strength training with and without weights, and yoga workouts.
- Downdog: Yoga, barre, and HIIT workouts.
- Fitonapp: Always free! Quick and effective workouts from celebrity trainers you can do from anywhere.
- Gymondo: 1 month free of 20 fitness programs and 200+ workouts adapted to your fitness level and goals.
- Daily Burn: Free 60 day trial includes 1000+ group or 1-on-1 training. All fitness levels welcome!
If you are looking to change up your home fitness routine and don’t know where to start, or maybe have a home fitness routine that isn’t meeting your goals, reach out to one of our personal trainers to get personalized information, movements, and routines to help you better understand and reach your goals. The current Institute of Medicine recommendation for activity is a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate to intense activity a week.
Genetically you may benefit from altering your workout routine- we can test your genetics and assess what workouts will give you the most results. Everyone is different so if let’s discover the science behind what works best for you by getting your Vital Genetics Kit ordered today.
If your needing ideas or a help with recommendations- feel free to book a session, so that we can help you find something that you enjoy, and gets you the results your looking for.